Angela has been treating, educating and empowering people about their health since 2001. In her private practice, as clinic director of Urban Wellness (an integrative health clinic in downtown Toronto), as a faculty member at the Institute of Traditional Medicine in Toronto (www.itm.org), a frequent workshop presenter and lecturer, and a regular expert guest on the Steven and Chris show (CBC/Slice Network), Angela brings her enthusiasm and expertise to educate, inspire and empower people in every medium possible.
With her extensive background in health sciences, including studies in nutrition and dietetics at McGill university, degree in Psychology and extensive and ongoing training in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Angela pulls from a diverse background to offer the wisdom of traditional medicines combined with the most up-to-date, relevant and impactful options available for her patients and students. Angela has additional training in applied mindfulness based mediation, and runs a weekly mindful meditation group out of her clinic in Toronto.
Whether it be educating and inspiring people about food and nutrition, mental and emotional healing or just general wellness, Angela’s whole person based approach to wellness aims to leave people inspired, feeling better and with a practical group of customized tips and tools for their life.
Angela is passionate about helping people achieve their optimum state of health, vitality and well-being: Mind, body and spirit.
In this episode, we discuss.....
- The fundamental features that distinguish Chinese Medicine from Western Medicine.
- How treatment depends an individual’s personal pattern as opposed a shared diagnosis.
- The importance for western medical practitioners to integrate nutrition and TCM into their treatment methods/recommendations.
- How the concepts of Qi and Yin/Yang, and how they function in TCM.
- The general association of different organs with psychological ailments.
- The definition of integrative cancer care and how it differs from the status quo of western treatment.
- How TCM approaches fertility by treating the root imbalance.
- What is craniosacral therapy, and what is the foundation of knowledge that inspired this approach.
- The benefits and myths of cleanses, and how they can be beneficial.