An artist, Advaita Tantra master and founder of the Flowing Wakefulness community,
for over a decade Igor Kufayev has been serving as a conduit of transmission for awakening towards the new era of heart-centered consciousness. Speaking from direct realization of Oneness, he inspires all seekers of truth to recognize the fullest potential present in human birth. Many have been touched by Grace and awakened in his presence, as he continues working towards building a global community to serve as a container for exploring possibilities for alternative, consciousness-based culture.
His involvement with sacred tradition expresses itself not only in scriptural exposition and metaphysical discourse, but also as non-intellectual, heart-based illumination. Though his methods are rooted in Shaiva Tantra, Igor remains elusive to categorization, maintaining that tradition is not a set of esoteric teachings and techniques but a vibrant field of energy enlivened in the hearts of those who go through this transformative process firsthand and bring these teachings to life. With a dedicated team of companions, Igor is working on creating centers for spiritual regeneration as facilities for research in consciousness, with bases in Europe, California and British Columbia. Traveling extensively with the programs mainly offered in North America and Europe, Igor currently resides in Mallorca, Spain. He lives with his partner, Amrita Ma Devi, and their two children — daughter Ramana, and son Keahnu. Vamadeva — from Sanskrit, the “preserving aspect of Shiva in his peaceful, graceful and poetic form” — is Igor's spiritual name.
For more information visit www.igorkufayev.com.
DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE...
- The nature of “connectedness” as the paradoxical nature of being alive.
- The nature of Avidya does not have a reality (addressed in the Brahma Sutras), however ignorance has its purpose.
- How the state of unity exists at all times, including those moments of shared and individual experience of this "connectedness" that often go unnoticed.
- The Tantric tradition explores this idea of unity through a variety of methodologies. For example, meditating on the pause between the incoming and outgoing breath, where the thought cannot enter.
- The Tantric yogi meditates on the points of juncture, where consciousness becomes matter.
- Tantra is rich in expositions and methodology - everybody’s experience requires a different method.
- Teaching is not about what we understand but rather what is experienced through transmission.
- How we discern in our own practice between authentic teachers vs. those inspired by the consumer-driven narrative.
- There is an existing self-regulating process where certain people are attracted to specific teachers based on the depth of their inquiry (like attracts like).
- When seekers are looking for a “ready made” experience they will be attracted to a certain type of teacher.
- How the teacher (guru)/student relationship encapsulates everything and leaves nothing.
- How advanced quantum science is rubbing shoulders with many non-dual teachings of the past, and how they essentially instruct us that there is no reality that is “out there”.
- How to reframe our view of the teacher/student, subject/object construct to instead encompass the subtle phases of continuity, and how it could help us to rehabilitate the current and potentially convoluted expression of this relationship in the post-post modern world.
- How all ancient teachings were oral traditions until a need arose to ensure they would be passed on (perhaps political), and how this influences the transmission of these traditions.
- When we speak or recite something that is written we bring it into that gross sphere of existence and enliven that existence with these sounds.
- How spirituality has to be verified through scientific knowledge,
- people will continue to reevaluate this knowledge because that is inherent to the nature of consciousness.
- Matrika shakti - the relationship between quantum physics and the Matrika shakti
- What is the experience of vibratory potency?
- How every form in its essence is sound condensed as matter.
- How sound collapses into patterns; within these patterns something appears that we call matter
- Tantra methodology is based on the principal that everything is sound.
- Spanda Karikas - holds the view that the universe is a vibratory field of pure awareness:
- this "pure awareness" is at the heart of all perception and doesn’t belong to an individual being but belongs to awareness itself.
- How these concepts relate to the double sleep experiment which lead to breakthroughs in quantum physics including:
- reality is indeterminable, because when we know the quality we don’t know the location;
- things are at one and the same time both a particle and a wave;
- How these ideas led to fundamental breakthroughs in science and an end to the Newtonian worldview.
- Aham-vedam - the sudden exclamation, suddenly realizing "I am veda". Veda stands for the science/wisdom/knowledge/universal law. Even my molecular structure is an expression of the Veda, which is ALL expressed through sound.